The Love of Fresh Christmas Tree | the truth of fresh real balsam Christmas tree

   It is finally December and I admit I was a bit few days late to start getting a tree t decorate, due to busy schedule. Ever since We got our own place We decided to get a fresh cut Christmas tree to decorate. This year having a small puppy we decided to get a small tree. We never saw a small tree below 5ft tall being sold.Luckily this year they have 2.5-3ft. balsam fir table top tree!


The tree does not come with a stand so you got to buy your own tree stand. Fresh Tree needs a sturdy stand that can hold water.A fresh tree need some loving care too same as how you care of having fresh cut flower.The first thing you need to do is to pick your tree. A fresh cut from tree farm is always much better that store brought. As for me I got mine from a store so the tree had been cut for few days already. When picking a store tree make sure you check the bottom of the tree and how are the needles ( tree leaves) are holding. If you notice theres tons of needles thats falling AVOID getting it.
 After picking a tree, once you're home make sure to prepare water and for me I got this miracle grow Christmas tree product which said to help reduce needle drop. You will also need some tools to put your tree to the stand. I totally forgot to ask the store to cut a few inches off the bottom of the trunk, luckily my tree isn't the big one so It was possible for us to cut it ourselves.
The cutting of the bottom trunk is very important as this will help the tree absorb water keeping it last longer. Another reason why it took few days for me to decorate is because I have to make sure the tree was awake and Hydrated. So for two days I have to put water and spray the leaves to hydrate it before decorating!
I got few added things this year it's because I cant find my tree topper and my lights.Being my tree is'nt as big as last year. We decided to used few ornaments. We decided to used the big regular tree balls together with the small deco I got.

We did'nt put the pink ribbons as it will make the tree looks heavy to look.As for this year tree topper I used this purple bird which reminded me of the Ibong adarna ( Adrana Bird).I know it's not common to see a purple bird on top but I just find it cute and adorable.

A fresh cut tree does really add the Christmas feeling. The scent of the balsam lingers the room! Thats one of the reason why we love having a fresh cut instead of artificial tree! Plus a fresh cut tree is environmental friendly and for every cut of tree they planted two trees back! 

Christmas season is finally here indeed! 


No comments