foodlog: Globefish Sushi and Izakaya

Saturday oh Busy saturday, made me hungry after strolling around chinook mall. I was craving for some rolls and so We tried this small Japanese sushi place just in chinook mall. Went in for dinner and so it was busy , We waited for like 5minutes to get seated as it was full.
Was taken after some customer left.
The Interior is modern ,dark walls and some light fixture that adds warm and coziness to the place. It has comfortable huge chair too. The server were all friendly ,prompt and brought as some laughter.
When I saw the menu I was surprised to see lots of special rolls. To start with for our appetizer, We ordered a Mentai Calamari and takoyaki.
Left: Takoyaki                                          right : Mentai Calamari

Takoyaki compare to some takoyaki I tried around the city was surprisingly not so hot in the inside which I dont mind. Saving myself from being burned! It has some octopus piece on the inside that I find it a bit chewy compare to some. Overall this is not my favorite takoyaki but the sauce in it was good.

The Mentai calamari was very much superb! Squid was not chewy nor hard. Cooked perfectly.The texture was good,and the sauce was tangy which compliment well with the lettuce and the squid. We definitely be going back and endorsed this appetizer.

After enjoying ourselves with the appetizer our rolls has arrived.
Left:Crispy California roll                                                          Right:BURNING LOVE


California roll deep fried in tempura batter this is innovative. The 1st I had tried so far. Crunchiness plus rolls equal love! But if youre looking for something flavorful and tasty then go for the special rolls.
We  had the Burning love special rolls ,It has Salmon, avocado, crabmeat, mango and cucumber rolled with avocado, mango, ebi served with mayo and strawberry sauce. The texture in this rolls was awesome , I like how it tasted sweet with some tangy feel in it. I tasted more of the avocado than of the mango and less of the strawberry, which I hope they added more of the strawberry sauce :-) But overall this roll is'nt bad.

I hope to come back here and try their other special rolls as they offer a lot of variety of rolls.
This is'nt our favorite sushi rolls place but I rated this one better than of some sushi roll place here.
The price, location and portion is a thing to consider . Far more better eating here than eating at the food court :-p

Globefish Sushi and Izakaya on Urbanspoon

No comments