Windridge trail - Our Canadian Rockies Hiking

During the end of august, we decided to do an outdoor activity which most of us never did which is hiking! As one of our very 1st group activity we picked to hike the Wind Ridge trail , a 12.1 KM loop trail near Canmore Alberta that has a river and was rated moderate.

The start of the trail was a smooth walk. Trail has good shades from the sun which was during that time a forest fire was happening somewhere the border which made the air a little bit smoggy.



We didn't do much research about this trail, we just followed the path and a few hiker we met down the road  that went ahead of us. As a newbie hiker in the land of Canada , We really did not know what we got our selves into!  After a hour of walking going up ,my body felt the changing altitude, Alberta is already a bit high up Me growing up in the Philippines it did really made me sensitive to humid and air.  We decided to take short rest period along the way.
]



 The abundance of pines was so good to smell, it's refreshing. Reminded me of the holiday season. The more you go high up the lesser tree's you see and the scrounging heat of the sun plus the uneven trail path made of mix soil and rocks made it harder to go up. 

 

It was such a challenge that all of us was not prepared, I myself was not wearing a proper shoe. As I tried to climb up higher my feet just slid as the ground was mostly pebbles, dry soil and grass which I was grabbing to help me go up. One wrong move and I can see myself rolling down the steep hill!

It was such a huge adventure, It did took us almost 6h rs going up and down but it was worth it. We hang out at top and felt the cold breeze and fresh air smell of pines for almost an hour while enjoying the Beatles song and some fruit snacks before heading down. It's been awhile since i felt the urgency to be careful. The mix feeling made me wanted to do more and see what's in there! 




No comments